APPREHENDED FOR BREAKING INTO CARSAt about 12:21pm, on Wednesday, March 21, 2007, officers from District D-4 (South End) responded to a radio call for a larceny in progress at the intersection of Columbus Ave and Berkeley Street. While en route to the scene, officers received, via the radio, a description of the suspect. The suspect was described as an older white male (52-55 yrs.old) with a moustache, wearing a dark blue hat. On arrival, officers observed an individual fitting the above description walking away from the scene. Officers then spoke to witnesses who positively identified the above individual as the person who was seen breaking into motor vehicles. Officers then arrested Thomas Deats, 50, and charged him with Attempted Breaking & Entering on a Non-Residence and Possession of Burglarious Tools.
At about 11:55pm, Wednesday, March 21, 2007, officers from District A-1 (Downtown) took a report for a car that had been stolen from 165 Tremont Street in Boston. According to the owner of the car, when his car was stolen, his dog (a small white Pomeranian) was inside the vehicle. Then, approximately an hour later at about 1:10am, on Thursday, March 22, 2007, officers from District B-3 (Dorchester/Mattapan) observed a motor vehicle, fitting the description of the stolen one, traveling at a high rate of speed along Talbot Avenue in Dorchester. Officers further observed a shattered window on the left side of the motor vehicle. As a result, officers then activated their emergency equipment (lights & sirens) and stopped the motor vehicle. After a check of the driver’s license thru the Mobile Data Terminal (the computer inside the cruiser), officers learned that the individual driving the car had a suspended license and the car was stolen. Officers also observed a small white dog (in good health) sitting in the front passenger seat of the vehicle. Officers then arrested Sylvester Hart, 34, of Boston, and charged him with Receiving a Stolen Motor Vehicle, Receiving Stolen Property (dog) and Driving Without a License. Further investigation revealed, when the car was stolen, the vehicle had been left running with the keys still in the ignition.
At about 5:34am, on Thursday, March 22, 2007, officers from District D-4 (South End) responded to a radio call for vandalism report at a parking lot at 35 Westland Avenue. On arrival, officers spoke to the suspect who stated that as he was attempting to exit the parking lot, the gate would not open. Suspect further stated that the attendant’s booth appeared to be empty. As a result, the suspect attempted to lift the gate. As he was doing so, the suspect says he heard a click and then the gate fell off. According to the parking lot attendant, he was in the booth when the suspect began messing around with the gate. Officers then arrested Sean Bascom, 20, of Allston, and charged him with Destruction of Property (Over $250.00)

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *