Report An Incident

If you are reporting an incident that is currently happening and you need a police response, please call 911.

If you need to report an incident for another reason, such as for insurance purposes for lost or stolen property, and this incident happened within the City of Boston, you can go to any Boston Police station within the City to report the incident in person. For a list of Police District stations, please click here. We currently do not take police reports over the phone or through this web page.

If the incident occurred outside Boston, contact the police department of that jurisdiction.

You can find out which Police District you live in, or the closest Police District to your current location, by using the City of Boston's My Neighborhood search tool. Input an address and select the Public Safety option listed in the search results.