Police Officers, Cadets & Civilians
- The Boston Police Department needs officers, cadets and civilians to serve our city and its residents with empathy and integrity.
- If these are among your core values then the Boston Police Department is the place for you!
- This is a career where you can connect with residents, help those in need and make a positive impact both in the community and your own life.
- Our officers are paid to go through an intense 29 week Academy program that includes procedural justice studies, physical and mental endurance and training, de-escalation tactics and much more.
- As a Boston Police Officer you will receive a competitive salary, health insurance, life insurance, pension, paid time off and more.
- You can advance your career to higher ranks such as detective, sergeant, lieutenant and captain. We have jobs with many different areas of interest within our Department including the Drug Control Unit, Human Trafficking, Homicide, K9, Community Engagement and Crime Scene Response, to name just a few.
- This is a call to action to protect and serve all members of our community. Boston Police is a leader in the ever changing and challenging field of law enforcement, are you up for the challenge?
Recruit Officer vs. Cadet
We are recruiting both, so here's what you need to know
- Recruit officers are in training to become police officers
- Cadets are a civilian uniformed division of the Department for individuals 18-25 to get to know, and be a part of, the different aspects of the Community Policing model of the Boston Police Department. Being a Cadet is a 2 year commitment and these individuals may receive a preference for an upcoming police recruit class as long as they pass the Civil Service policing exam and complete their two years