Events happening in the City of Boston will bring some parking restrictions and street closures. People attending these events are encouraged to walk, bike, or take public transit. Information on Bluebikes, the regional bike share service, may be found on the website and information on the MBTA may be found online. The MBTA advises riders to purchase a round-trip rather than a one-way ticket for a faster return trip. Walking is also a great way to move around.
B.A.A. Half Marathon – Sunday, November 12, 2023
The Boston Athletic Association will be running its annual Half Marathon event. The race will take place over the following route:
Over the following – named streets: Pierpont Road in Franklin Park, Right on Jewish War Vets Drive, Continue on Circuit Drive, Continue on Forest Hills Drive, Right onto Arborway to New Washington Street, Continue on Pond Street, Continue on Jamaicaway, Continue on Riverway, TURN AROUND on Riverway just before Fenway, Continue on Riverway, Continue on Jamaicaway, Right on to RT 9 Eastbound Exit, Right on River Road, Left on Pond Avenue, Clockwise around Pond/Chestnut Street Rotary, Left on Chestnut Street, Right on Perkins Street, Left on Francis Parkman Drive, Right on Arborway, Continue on Forest Hills Overpass, Counterclockwise around Forest Hills Rotary, Right on Forest Hills Drive, Right on Circuit Drive, Follow Circuit Drive around backside of Devine Golf Course, TURN AROUND on Circuit Drive behind Devine Golf Course, Continue on Circuit Drive, Right onto Jewish War Vets Drive, Left on Pierpont Road, Right into Service Entrance to Franklin Park Zoo, Left at the Giraffe Exhibit, Continue via the path in the Franklin Park Zoo Exit the Giraffe Entrance to the Franklin Park Zoo, Continue on Playstead Road, Left at Basketball Courts, Left into White Stadium FINISH at the 40 yard line of White Stadium.
Parking restrictions will be in place on the following streets:
- Pierpont Road, Both sides, from Glen Lane to Playstead Road (the angled parking area, next to the playing field)
- Boylston Street (for bus embarking), Southside (Copley Square side), from Dartmouth Street to Clarendon Street
- Circuit Drive, Both sides, from Blue Hill Avenue to Morton Street
- Valley Gates / Pierpont Road Area, Both sides, from Circuit Drive to the White Stadium Entrance to the Zoo (except for the angle parking area which receives the two day regulation).
- Pierpont Road, Both sides, from Sigourney Street to Playstead Road
- Playstead Road, Both sides, from Walnut Street Entrance to Pierpont Road
- Seaver Street, Southside (Franklin Park side), from Walnut Avenue to Elm Hill Avenue.
- Walnut Avenue, Both sides, from School Street to Seaver Street.
Events such as parades, road races, and street fairs may require road closures to accommodate the activities.