Fri, 02 Dec 2022
GUNS FOR GIFT CARDS
The 2022 Guns for Gift Cards Program asks you to turn in your gun and receive a $100.00 gift card.
This program will take place beginning December 17, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at various designated drop-off sites throughout the city.
If you do not wish to deliver the firearm to a designated site and would like to arrange for a private exchange, call 1-617-343-4827 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
The following procedure MUST be followed in order to receive amnesty for possession of a gun, and to receive a gift certificate. If the protocol is followed, the person dropping off the firearm will not be prosecuted for unlawful possession of that specific firearm.
- Gun must be delivered unloaded.
- Gun must be put in a clear plastic bag, and put into another container (gym bag, backpack etc.).
- If depositing ammunition in addition to a gun, ammunition must be delivered in a separate bag.
- If transporting the gun by car, gun must be transported in the trunk of the car.
- After the gun is screened by officers, and determined to be a working firearm, a gift card will be given.
- Rifles and Shotguns will be accepted, however no incentive will be issued.