Halloween Safety Tips Courtesy of the Men and Women of the Boston Police Department: If you plan on trick-or-treating this Halloween, Monday, October 31, 2022, we ask that you do so safely and respectfully. If you’re a motorist traveling on the roadways in our neighborhoods, we expect and encourage you to drive extra slow and be extra cautious, given the surplus of super enthusiastic trick-or-treaters crisscrossing streets throughout the city. In an effort to make this year’s Halloween the safest it can be, we’ve created a list of Halloween safety tips for you and your family. From all of us here at the BPD, let’s make this Halloween the safest one yet!!!
Halloween Safety Tips for you and your family:
· Parents should establish a curfew and route designed to keep kids close to home within familiar areas and surroundings.
· Remind kids not to enter strangers’ homes or vehicles.
· Remind children to avoid homes without outside lights.
· Attach your phone number & address to your children’s costume.
· Be sure clothing & costumes are bright, reflective, and flame resistant.
· Set rules about not eating treats until kids get home.
· Once home, all candy should be inspected before it is ingested. When in doubt, throw it out.
· Again, set a curfew. Ideally, trick-or-treating should go no later than 8:30 pm.
· Lastly, report any suspicious behavior or criminal activity to our officers who will be out in full force working hard to make sure this Halloween is the safest it can be.