The PGA U.S. Open Golf Tournament will be happening at The Country Club in Brookline next week from June 13-19, bringing traffic changes to the City of Boston. People attending the U.S. Open are encouraged not to drive their personal vehicles. Information on Bluebikes, the regional bike share service, may be found at http://bluebikes.com . Additionally, shuttle buses providing service to the tournament from MBTA stations will be available.
The City of Boston Transportation Department is implementing parking restrictions on the following streets to reduce congestion and illegal parking:
“Tow Zone: No Stopping Boston Police Special Event” signs will be in effect June 13-19 on the following streets:
- Allandale Street, Both sides, from Centre Street to the Brookline Town Line
- Avon Street, Both sides, from Pond Street to the Brookline Town Line
- Hopkins Road, Both sides, from Pond Street to the Saint Pauls Avenue
- Pond Street, Both sides, from the Arborway to the Brookline Town Line
- Rockwood Street, Both sides, from the Pond Street to the Brookline Town Line