Special events being held in Boston this weekend will bring additional pedestrian and vehicular traffic to the City. Motorists are advised to watch for pedestrians in the roadway and pay close attention to posted parking regulations.
On Saturday, August 14th, Aerosmith will be headlining a concert at Fenway Park. To accommodate the concert, \”Tow Zone No Stopping, Boston Police Special Event, Saturday 2:00 PM to 11:59 PM\” regulations will be posted and in effect at the following locations.
- Brookline Avenue, both sides, from Overland Street to Lansdowne Street
- Boylston Street, south side, from opposite Ipswich Street near Fenway Park to Brookline Avenue
- Lansdowne Street, both sides, from Brookline Avenue to Ipswich Street
- Ipswich Street, both sides, from Boylston Street near Fenway Park to opposite Lansdowne Street, excluding any existing HP-DV parking regulations
- Van Ness Street, both sides, from Ipswich Street to Kilmarnock Street
- Yawkey Way, both sides, from Van Ness Street to Brookline Avenue
In addition, \”Tow Zone No Parking Reserved for HP-DV Parking Only, Saturday\” regulations will be posted and in effect at the locations listed below.
- Boylston Street, north side, from Ipswich Street near Fenway park to Yawkey Way
- Yawkey Way, both sides, from Boylston Street to Van Ness Street
On Sunday, August 15th, the August Moon Festival will be held in Chinatown. As a result, the following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic on Sunday from 7:30 AM to 6 PM.
- Hudson Street, from Kneeland to Beach Street
- Tyler Street, from Kneeland to Beach Street
- Beach Street, from Surface Road to Washington Street
- Oxford Street, from Beach Street to Essex Street
- Harrison Avenue, from Essex Street to Kneeland Street
The Dominican Festival and Parade will be held on Sunday, August 15 in Franklin Park. The parade will begin in Hyde Square and marchers will proceed from Centre Street to Columbus Avenue, right to Walnut Avenue and into Franklin Park near Sigourney Street. The float will continue along Seaver Street to Blue Hill Avenue to Circuit Drive dropping off at the entrance road to the Playstead area of the park. \”Tow Zone No Stopping, Sunday\” regulations will be in effect at the following locations on August 15 to assist with this event.
- Circuit Drive, northeast side (opposite the golf course), from Blue Hill Avenue to Forest Hills Street
- Walnut Drive, both sides, from Seaver Street to Sigourney Street
- Sigourney Street, both sides, from Walnut Avenue to Glen Road
- Seaver Street, west side (park side), including the MBTA bus turn-around area and approximately two hundred fifty (250\’) easterly, and east side, from Humboldt Avenue to a point approximately one hundred fifty (150\’) easterly
- Centre Street, both sides, from Barbara Road to Columbus Avenue
- Columbus Avenue, from Centre Street to Walnut Avenue