Police Urge Community Members with Information on Firearm Activity to Contact CrimeStoppers
Boston Police continue to make every effort to decrease gun violence in our community. Officers are urging community members with information related to firearm activity to contact our CrimeStoppers unit.
You can help make your neighborhood safer. If you know anything about a crime that has happened, or a crime that could happen, call CrimeStoppers Tip Line at 1 (800) 494-TIPS or text the word ‘TIP’ to CRIME (27463). The Boston Police Department is interested only in your information, not your identity. Your tip is 100% anonymous.
Over the weekend, officers removed 11 firearms from city streets.
- E5—On 5/7/10 at 3:27 PM, officers responded to a call for shots fired at 189 Durnell Ave. Witnesses reported that two males exchanged gunfire and that a group of males fled the area in a green Jeep. Responding officers stopped a vehicle matching the description and located a male victim suffering from a non-life threatening gunshot wound. A search of the vehicle and its other four occupants yielded a silver firearm as well as a folding knife. All four additional occupants were arrested for various offenses. Ato BOTSIO, 19, West Roxbury was charged with Assault with Intent to Murder and Unlawful Possession of a Firearm and Ammunition, Jamaal BARROWS, 22, Roslindale was charged with Unlawful Possession of a Firearm and Ammunition and Operating Without a License, Christopher BORGELLA, 18, Dorchester was charged with Dangerous Weapons Unlawfully Carried, and Angel MALDONADO, 17, Dorchester was charged with Dangerous Weapons Unlawfully Carried.
- B2—On 5/9/10 at 12:44 AM, officers were flagged down in the area of 1592 Tremont St. and informed that an altercation had just occurred between two WH males. During the altercation one of the males displayed a knife and the other displayed a firearm. Officers recovered a silver handgun, which was determined to only be capable of firing blank cartridges, and arrested Christopher BAEZ, 22, Dorchester and charged him with ABDW Gun.
- B3—On 5/8/10 at 3:24 AM, officers responded to a call for shots fired in the area of Woodruff Way and Woodbole Ave. Officers recovered six spent shell casings in the area of 19 Woodruff Way and discovered a vehicle with ballistics damage. Responding officers arrested Kofi SMITH, 33, Roslindale and charged him with Firearm Discharged Within 500 Feet of a Dwelling, Unlawful Possession of Firearm and Ammunition, and Resisting Arrest.
- A7—On 5/8/10 at 5:10 PM, officers conducted a traffic stop in the area of 1219 Bennington St. and arrested Dave MELLO, 25, Winthrop and charged him with Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, Dangerous Weapons Unlawfully Carried, Possession with Intent to Distribute Class B, and Possession of Class E Drugs.
- B3—On 5/8/10 at 10:44 PM, officers observed an individual in a vehicle on Astoria St. matching the description of the suspect of an armed robbery that occurred earlier in the day. Officers recovered two firearms from the vehicle and arrested Leonard JACKSON, 29, Danvers and Malcolm MIMS, 24, Cambridge and charged them both with Unlawful Possession of a Firearm and Ammunition. 2 Firearms were recovered.
- B2—On 5/9/10 at 4:38 AM, officers arrested Christopher RICHARDSON, 22, Dorchester and charged him with Unlawful Possession of Firearm and Ammunition after they observed several males arguing in front of 6 Magnolia St. A Bryco .380 was recovered.
- B3—On 5/7/10 at 1:47 PM, members of the YVSF executed a search warrant at 9 Moody St. and recovered a firearm and ammunition. Officers arrested Paris QUILTER, 18, Dorchester and charged him with Unlawful Possession of a Firearm.
- B3—On 5/9/10 at 9:47 PM, Two .25 cal firearms were recovered from Jerry ISME, 19, Dorchester in the area of 70 Ames St.