POLICE ARREST SUSPECT WANTED IN CONNECTION WITH A DOUBLE SHOOTING ON TREMONT STREETAt about 2:11am, on Saturday, November 22, 2008, officers from Area D-4 (South End) responded to a radio call for a person shot inside Slades Bar located at 958 Tremont Street. On arrival, officers located two individuals suffering from apparent gunshot wounds. Both victims were alert and conscious. Both victims were transported to area hospitals (one to the Boston Medical Center, the other to Brigham & Women’s Hospital) with non-life threatening injuries. Officers spoke to several highly cooperative witnesses on the scene who were able to provide descriptions of the two suspects seen entering the premise. According to witnesses, the two suspects entered the bar and, in short time, initiated a fight with one of the victims. In the course of the altercation, witnesses say that one of the suspects pulled out a firearm and began shooting. Officers quickly broadcast a description of the suspects over the police radio. However, a search of the area proved unsuccessful.
Upon speaking to employees of the bar, officers learned that the establishment was equipped with security cameras. After looking at and reviewing the video, officers were able to further enhance and develop the description of the suspects. Officers sought and received an arrest warrant for the individual wanted in connection with this shooting.
On Sunday, November 24, 2008, at about 12:50am, officers from Area D-4 (South End) located the suspect wanted in connection with the above shooting. With arrest warrant in hand, officers arrested Edward Moon, 22, of Boston and charged him with Assault with Intent to Murder.
At about 7:11pm, on Sunday, November 23, 2008, officers from Area R-13 (Jamaica Plain) responded to a radio call for an armed robbery at 1599 Columbus Ave (Mattress World) in Roxbury. On arrival, officers spoke to witnesses who stated that two individuals, both armed, entered and robbed the store. According to witnesses, one of the suspects was in possession of a knife while the other was in possession of a firearm. Witnesses say that Suspect #1 remained in the middle of the store while Suspect #2 walked to the back of the store, approached a store employee, displayed the firearm and demanded money. At this point, the employee handed over an envelope containing business-related paperwork. The suspect then demanded his wallet. Officers promptly broadcast a description of the suspects over the police radio. In short time, officers located two individuals matching the description of the suspects. While officers were questioning the suspects, witnesses were brought to the scene in order to provide a positive identification.
After the suspects were positively identified, officers arrested Ronald Grady, 44, of Boston and Donald Grady, 45, of Boston and charged both with Armed Robbery.
At about 11:29am, on Sunday, November 23, 2008, officers from Area A-1 (Downtown) responded to a radio call for a man breaking into cars in the area of Charles Street. On arrival, officers observed a male leaning inside a black motor vehicle through a broken passenger side window. Officers further observed fragments of broken scattered about the car. Officers further observed the suspect grabbing items from inside the car. Officers promptly ordered the suspect to exit the car. Instead, the suspect jumped inside the car in an effort to barricade himself. Officers were able to extricate the suspect in short time. While officers were in the process of removing the suspect, officers observed a GPS mount and a large amount of change (mostly quarters) fall from the suspect’s person. When officers arrested the suspect, the suspect had in his possession a blue backpack. Inside the blue backpack, officers recovered several items among them a GPS device, a digital camera, a camera case, a Sony voice recorder, various iPod accessories and a cell phone charger. Officers also discovered several other cars in the immediate vicinity that appeared to have been broken into.
Officers arrested Jamie Kitchens, 33, of Boston and charged him with three counts of Breaking & Entering a Motor Vehicle.